BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Acting Board Chairman Eric Paull. Other Board members present were Bob Thurston, Cliff Sires and Larry Ellis. Employees present were Colleen Johnson, Tanner Weisgram, Rebekah Zwygart and Laura Dallas. Public in attendance were Brett Converse of JUB and Harbhajan Singh of True Value Investment Group.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD: No Individuals to address the Board.
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours prior to meeting
Minutes: Minutes from April and May meetings were approved as presented
Financial Statements: Financials as presented were approved.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance Report was approved as submitted.
- Brett Converse of JUB addressed the Board. There are Federal Grants available through the State of Idaho that could be utilized for plant upgrades. There are a lot of requirements that the District would need to meet for a grant; however, the District could start the process now which would allow for flexibility in the final design of the plant upgrades. The District is working on two possible options for plant upgrades: 1) to build mechanical plant, 2) combine with City of Sandpoint. Brett to reach out to the City to resume talks of possibly taking discharge. He will also reach out to DEQ to assure acceptance of mechanical plant. More details in July after WAG meeting is held.
- The Bonner County Planning Department is requesting a response from the District for signing off on the Providence Park Subdivision. 117 new homes are to be built. The Sewer Main Extension Agreement has been signed; however, they will need to purchase 91 New User Facility Fees and 26 hook-up portions. The project is still in the preliminary stage and the District has yet to receive final plans or full payment of fees. No Action was taken at this time.
- Napoli Shkolnik, the Board reviewed the partial settlement announcement. No Action taken at this time.
- True Value Investment Group (The Day’s Inn) addressed the Board. They are requesting the Board to pull back from the County the lien that was turned over for nonpayment. They suggested once it was pulled back that they would pay installments to catch up, as well as pay their quarterly up to current. The Board suggested that they come up with a solid plan in writing for the next meeting being held in July. In the meantime, True Value Investment Group will speak to the County regarding their deadline. Their current quarterly account must be brought current prior to any negotiations regarding installment payments. It was also mentioned that there is still lateral work on the property that has not been met. This is a commercial property that requires two pumps, but currently still has only one pump. No Action taken at this time.
- Bob Thurston was sworn in for another term on the KPSD Board of Directors.
- Update on the progress at Triangle Drive and Schweitzer Plaza regarding the Schweitzer Apartments.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: (ACTION) All were accepted.
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 221 Carnelian Avenue, Dredge Construction
Cliff motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:11 p.m. and Larry seconded the motion. All in favor.
Signed: Laura Dallas, District Clerk