BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, Larry Ellis, and Cliff Sires. Employees present were Tanner Weisgram, Esteban Torres, Eric Hanson, Colleen Johnson, and Laura Dallas. Public in attendance was Mark Johnson to assist with Zoom program and Brett Converse. There were no attendees via the zoom portal.
THE MEETING WAS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH A LIVE ZOOM PORTAL ON THE KPSD WEB PAGE.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
6:15 pm Brett Converse, JUB
6:30 pm Sean Hefley, Seven Sisters LLC (via zoom) – Sean did not show for meeting.
6:45 pm Ben McGrann, Ponderay Cottages
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours.
Minutes: Minutes from February’s meeting were approved as submitted.
Financial Statements: Financials were approved.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance Report was approved as submitted.
- NPDES Permit: Brett updated the Board. The limnologist has completed the report for this year, including aerial photos of the dye patterns in the lake. The dye study showed positive mixing in the area that KPSD would be discharging into a deep spot in the lake. Brett stated that the report looked very positive for discharging into the lake. The topic of Schweitzer connecting to the District was discussed. There is an old logging road that a line can be run down and possible access to 80 acres for discharging. Adding Schweitzer would be a benefit to the District if the District had to go with the alternative option of a mechanical plant.
- Seven Sisters Close-out of Sewer Main Extension and District to accept ownership – Resolution 2021-01.Motion was made to not read aloud during meeting by Eric, seconded by Bob. All in favor. Motion was made to accept the close-out for the District to accept ownership for operations and maintenance and refund the deposit was made by Eric and seconded by Bob. All in favor. Resolution was signed in meeting. Due to late receipt of the request of close-out letter from Seven Sisters the deposit check was not issued. It will be issued at April’s meeting.
- Sean Hefley of Seven Sisters did not appear on the zoom site or call in during the meeting.The variance on recoupment will be tabled for a future meeting once documentation and formal request is provided by Seven Sisters.
- Ponderay Cottages, LLC – Ben McGrann Discussion around the placement of the SME extension for this development.Original plan called for the SME to go between the residence and the detached garage. Board would like to see an alternative plan with SME going down either North or South of development eliminating the limited access issue. Final decision was not made. Ben also asked the Board for consideration on the ADUs (Addition Dwelling Unit) that will be an option for the homebuyer to have built above the detached garages. He would like the Board to consider a lower Sewer Service Connection rate for the ADU. No decision was made for lowering the ADU connection rate. Board did agree that Ponderay Cottages can pay the capacity at final plat and hook-up portion at time of building permit at the then going rate. Motion by Larry to accept the payment of capacity at plat for 1 ER per lot. Hook-up portion can be paid with building permit. If an ADU is added to the residence the additional ER, both capacity and hook-up portion, would need to be paid with the building permit application. Cliff seconded the motion. A motion to accept the Ponderay Cottages Sewer Main Extension was made by Bob and Seconded by Larry. The SME fees were paid, and the agreement signed. All in Favor.
- The Fontaine Drive Apartments were requesting to submit a revised connection application. They will be constructing 2 buildings at this time instead of 4. Application will be submitted at April’s meeting.
- A motion to accept the Assignment of Sewer Capacities from Cox Partnership to Tricore Investments was made by Eric and seconded by Larry. All in favor.
- Reviewed the Bonner County Tax Assessors tax bill for this year. There was a revenue reduction. No action was taken.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: (ACTION) – ALL APPROVED
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 212 Jasper Loop, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 228 Jasper Loop, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 242 Jasper Loop, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 220 Jasper Loop, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 206 Jasper Loop, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 236 Jasper Loop, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 250 Jasper Loop, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 256 Jasper Loop, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 264 Jasper Loop, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 225 Jasper Loop, Scott Toldness
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 233 Jasper Loop, Scott Toldness
- Commercial-Industrial Connection Request, 4772577 Hwy 95 N, The Farmhouse
- Commercial-Industrial Connection Request, 31497 Hwy 200 E., Unit B, Compass Mechanical
Motion to adjourn the meeting and enter Executive Session was made by Eric and seconded by Larry.
Jim- yes Eric – yes Bob – yes Larry – yes Cliff – yes
ZOOM PORTAL WAS CLOSED AT THIS TIME
EXECUTIVE SESSION (following regular Board meeting session)
Brian Werst, District Legal Counsel (via conference call / Zoom)
- EXECUTIVE SESSION §72-206 (b)
To consider the evaluation, dismissal or disciplining of, or to hear complaints or charges brought against, a public officer, employee, staff member or individual agent, or public-school student.
Motion to close the Executive Session was made by Cliff and seconded by Bob.
Jim- yes Eric – yes Bob – yes Larry – yes Cliff – yes
Board authorizes Tanner to make representation and discuss position with potential applicant.
Motion to accept decision made by Larry and seconded Cliff.
Motion to adjourn meeting was made by Larry and seconded by Cliff.
Meeting adjourned at 7:46 pm.
Meeting Signed: Laura Dallas, Clerk
Executive Session Signed: Colleen Johnson, Office Manager