BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, Cliff Sires and Larry Ellis. Employees present were Colleen Johnson, Tanner Weisgram, and Laura Dallas. Public in attendance were Mark Lanphere from The Laundromat (Ponderay) and Jeff and Heather Gove from Chicks Drive-in (Ponderay).
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
- 6:15 pm – Brett Converse, JUB Engineering (Did not attend)
- 6:30 pm – Mark Lanphere, The Laundromat
- 6:45 pm – Jeff & Heather Gove, Chicks Drive-in
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours prior to meeting
Minutes: Minutes of the March meeting were approved as presented.
Financial Statements: Financials as presented were approved.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance Report was approved as submitted.
- Brett was not in attendance. There are no new developments on the NPDES permit to report.
- Mark Lanphere from the Laundromat addressed the Board. The District is requiring the Laundromat to purchase additional NUFFs as their water usage has increased. Mark presented the Board with statistics as to the average percentage of water left in the washed textiles that do not go to the District. The average is 12% of the water stays in the textiles. Mark is asking for a reduction in the amount of NUFFs needed. Currently the Building has 14 NUFFs. Bob moved to agree to reduce the original amount that the District was asking for and add additional NUFFs to bring the building to a total of 23 NUFFs. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor. Mark will be working with GVD (owners of the building) regarding purchasing what is needed.
- The Cottages Homeowners’ Association tabled to discuss in Executive Session.
- The promissory note for the purchase of additional NUFFs for the Ponderay Carwash was signed. Terms were approved at April’s meeting. Eric moved to sign the promissory note as presented and Bob seconded the motion. All in favor.
- The refund check for Paddler’s additional NUFF was signed and will be sent to the building owner J. Paul Fournier.
- Dates for the Budget, Rates and Fees Workshop, Meeting and Hearing were set. The first workshop will be held on Tuesday, July 18th, from 12pm – 2pm. The meeting for approval of budgets, rates and fees for publication will be held on Monday, August 7th at 5:30pm. The Public Hearing will be held on Monday, August 28th at 5:30 pm.
- The Sewer Main Application and Agreement for Providence Road, LLC was approved and signed.
- The Sewer Main Application and Agreement for Whiskey Jack Estates was approved and signed.
- Residential Shop-Mudroom Exception at 101 Humbird for Julee Fortune. The board discussed the exception as the owner Julee Fortune does not live at the home and tenants are currently residing there. The Board would like for the owners to be given a set of the Rules and Regulations to assure that they are aware of unauthorized usage penalties. The shop cannot be used as a dwelling nor as a commercial shop. The shop also can only be used by a current tenant or by the owner. It cannot be rented individually. Tanner will work with the owner as a separate tap may be necessary to make grade. Bob moved to address the topic again in May and Eric seconded the motion. All in favor.
- After Board discussion, Eric moved to take no action regarding the Blue Cross of Idaho proxy. Cliff seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Jeff and Heather Gove, owners of Chicks Drive-in Restaurant, addressed the Board regarding the amount of NUFFs needed for the start-up of the restaurant. They currently have 2 NUFFs for their use. Once the restaurant is ready for opening, Operations will monitor their grease trap to assist them in scheduling regular hauling and cleaning. The 2 NUFFs they currently have will be sufficient for starting. The Gove’s will submit their water bill to the District monthly for review. If they go over the 2 NUFFs additional will need to be purchased. Bob motioned to approve the existing 2 NUFFs for start-up with monthly water read reviews. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: (ACTION) All were accepted.
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, (2 NUFF) 7th Street, Ponderay, Block 10, Lot 1A, Sage Fitchett
- Single-Family Residential Connection Request, (1 NUFF) 7th Street, Ponderay, Block 10, Lot 1B, Sage Fitchett
- Commercial-Industrial Sanitary Connection Request, NUFF paid prior, 146 Emerald Industrial Park, DSS Construction Inc.
Motion to go into Executive Session per Idaho Code §72-206(f) and Idaho Code § 72-206 (b) at 6:55 p.m. made by Cliff and seconded by Bob:
Roll call vote: Eric-yes, Bob-yes, Jim-yes, Larry-yes, Cliff-yes
72-206 (f): To communicate with legal counsel for the public agency to discuss the legal ramifications of and legal options for pending litigation, or controversies not yet being litigated but imminently likely to be litigated. The mere presence of legal counsel at an executive session does not satisfy this requirement.
72-206 (b) To consider the evaluation, dismissal or disciplining of, or to hear complaints or charges brought against, a public officer, employee, staff member or individual agent, or public-school student.
Motion to come out of Executive Session at 7:20 p.m. made by Bob seconded by Larry.
Roll call vote:
Eric-yes, Bob-yes, Jim-yes, Larry-yes, Cliff-yes
Motion by Bob to propose to the Cottages Homeowners Association the Purchase and Sale and the Easement for the proposed main line extension placement as discussed in Executive Session for their review. Seconded by Larry. All in favor
Board reviewed the information on current cost of living expenses in relation to the position the District is currently trying to fill and wages of current employees. The District has not received many applications at this point. Potential applicants are sending in resumes but not taking the next required step of completing the District’s specific Employment Application. Staff to look into possible other avenues for posting the availability of an open position.
Meeting adjourned at 7:35 p.m. Motion by Larry seconded by Cliff.
(Executive Session summary by Colleen)
(Board Meeting minutes by Laura)