Board Meeting Agenda – June 8, 2020

Written by Laura Dallas

June 8, 2020

BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman.  Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, Larry Ellis and Cliff Sires. Employees present were Tanner Weisgram, Colleen Johnson, Cody Evans, Eric Hanson, Esteban Torres and Laura Dallas. Also present were Brett Converse with JUB and Josh Pilch with Bonner County Planning.



6:15 p.m.          Brett Converse, JUB


ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours.


Minutes:  Minutes from May were approved as submitted.

Financial Statements:  Financials were approved as submitted.

Maintenance Report:  Maintenance Report was approved as submitted. It was noted by Tanner that the intake was up in both April and May due to the significant increase in rain this spring.



  1. NPDES Permit & Master Plan review: Brett reported that the last piece for the District Master Plan should get finalized this week.  There will be a meeting with the City of Sandpoint Wastewater on Thursday regarding the option of regionalizing in the future.  Further lake studies are starting back up for the summer.  As part of the Master Plan review, the Board addressed a letter from a patron regarding future growth in the area and its impact on the KPSD fees and costs.  The facility plan will address growth; however, the area in question has capacity already purchased for the intended development.  Colleen will respond to the letter.  Board to review prior to sending.
  2. New Rules and Regulations as approved at the May meeting were reviewed. Fee Schedule was added as agreed upon at May meeting.
  3. Reviewed and compared costs of new financial software. Motion to purchase the Black Mountain Package was presented by Larry.  Cliff seconded the motion.  All in favor.
  4. Brown’s Northside Equipment applied for a Leak Adjustment. Receipts and repairs were well documented.  Leak was outside of building.  Motion for approval of Leak Adjustment was presented by Bob.  Larry seconded the motion.  All in favor.
  5. Cedar Street Project review. City of Ponderay will be replacing the pavement on Cedar Street.  District will be replacing 4 manholes at this time.  Taps and stub-outs to be replaced from the main to the right of way. The District will be overseeing the lateral portion of the project.
  6. Final Audit Review. No questions from the Board. Audit went well.



  1. For 2020-2021 budget District will need to review all fees. Discussed new projects in the coming years and their impact on the budget:  Whiskey Jack Project; ITD Seven Sisters to McGee over next several years; Railroad Avenue; the repaving of Main Street; KPSD lot line re-design was not in original budget for the new shop.
  2. While conducting a lot line survey for the consolidation of the District’s two lots, it was discovered that a property on Red Clover has its shop partially on District property. The District needs to get more information regarding our required setbacks and what options are available for the District and the property owner.  Colleen will invite the property owner to the July Board meeting to discuss possible options. Motion to table until next meeting was presented by Larry. Cliff seconded.  All in favor
  3. P1FCU Sewer Main Extension Application was approved and signed.



  1. Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 110 Van Horn Avenue, Hi-Country Construction
  2. Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 46 Whiskey Jack Road, Hi-Country Construction
  3. Single-Family Residential Connection Request, 961 Ponder Point Drive, Charles Roudebush


Motion to adjourn meeting by Cliff and seconded by Larry.  All in favor.


Meeting adjourned at 7:14pm.

Signed: Laura Dallas, Clerk

You May Also Like…


Leave a Reply