BOARD MEETING was called to order at 12:00 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, Larry Ellis and Cliff Sires. Employees present were Tanner Weisgram, Colleen Johnson, and Laura Dallas. Also present were Brett Converse with JUB, Patrick Rachels with Tech Solutions and Mark Johnson.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
- 12:00 p.m. Brett Converse, JUB
- 12:00 p.m. Patrick Rachels, Tech Solutions
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours.
- Review of Current Fiscal Year Budget for Revision 2019-2020. Revision was made due to the lot consolidation that needed to be put in place prior to building the new shop that was already in the budget. The surveying of the lots was unforeseen.
- Proposed Fiscal Year Budget 2020-2021. Adding to budget for computers & laptops. Also, line 6840 for testing costs, line 7005 for building maintenance and line 7045 for land application (in case we need to expand the land application site due to DEQ regulations). New projects coming up: widening of Highway 200 from Seven Sisters to McGhee probably not until 2023-2024. Will need to replace lines and manholes. The office staff will need to increase from 2 full-time employees to 3 full-time employees. Discussed workload and possible starting wages for new staff. Keeping part-time employee for seasonal only. Scada may need replacement or upgrades in coming year. Patrick looking into Radio Tower options.
- Review all KPSD rates & fees. Discussed changing the following fees: Change Pretreatment monitoring, inspection fee from $25.00 to $80.00. IWA fee will be changed from $25.00 to $80.00 p/h with a 2-hour minimum. Inspection Fee for Capping and Sewer Main Extension $75.00 up to 2 hours maximum, additional charges after 2 hours. Adding an Administration fee of $80.00 maximum 2 hour. Colleen will check on actual costs for next meeting. Tanner looking at additional $25.00 fees that are listed in Exhibit A of the Rules and Regulations to see if they still apply.
- Proxy Designation for Blue Cross. No Action taken.
- Review Wastewater Grant & Meeting in August. A plan of action needs to be filed with DEQ by end of August. Top two options at this time is Lake Outfall and Regionalizing the system with Sandpoint. Dye testing is taking place today at Kootenai Point. There will be a meeting with Sandpoint later which Tanner, Jim and Eric plan to be attending. Public Meeting to inform the District patrons will take place at the District Office on August 24th from 4:00pm to 6:00pm.
Motion to adjourn meeting by Cliff and seconded by Larry. All in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 1:38 p.m.
Signed: Laura Dallas, Clerk