BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, Cliff Sires, and Larry Ellis. Employees present were Tanner Weisgram, Colleen Johnson, and Laura Dallas. The public in attendance was Brett Converse.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
- 6:15 pm Brett Converse, JUB
- 6:30 pm Representatives for The Cottages Homeowners Association
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours.
Adjudication of Rights to the Water from the Clark Fork Pend Oreille River Basins Water System.
Civil No. 00-69576
Eric moved to have this item added to the agenda under New Business. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor.
Minutes: Minutes from the March Board Meeting were approved as submitted.
Financial Statements: Financials as presented were approved as submitted.
Maintenance Report: The Maintenance Report was approved as submitted. Still having heavy rains and snow melt; however, not affecting the District.
- Brett Converse from JUB addressed the Board. The Cottages Homeowners Association approached Brett regarding assistance with the irrigation of the common area when the District finalizes the infrastructure from the lake up to Nancy Road for discharge. Brett is looking into low-cost systems as part of the District’s project. Although the final project could be as far as 10 years out, the infrastructure may be able to begin sooner.
Discussion included possibly making a formal change to the District’s Rules and Regulations no longer allowing transfers of ERs between properties (with the same owner). But, instead only allowing a sell back to the District. Purchasing of additional ERs for parcels would be allowed with the submittal of plans showing the need for the additional ERs. This would eliminate vacant ERs from accumulating without benefitting the District patrons.
- Ponderay Car Wash (HWY 95). No new information has been submitted. No Action Taken.
- Representatives for The Cottages Homeowners Association were not present. Some updates were discussed with Brett Converse under old business. No action was taken.
- Sewer Main Extension Agreement for the start of plan review for the Cove at Whiskey Jack was approved and signed.
- Discussion of adding a 2nd monthly meeting on the 4th Monday of every month for addressing City responses to zoning changes as they affect the District. No action taken at this time.
- Budget Hearing dates were set. Budget Workshop scheduled for Tuesday, 12-2 p.m., Approval for Publication scheduled for discussion at the August meeting on Monday the 8th and Public Hearing scheduled for Monday, August 25th.
- There is a State Assistance Fund that is available for patrons for Water and Sewer utility payment assistance. Eric moved to make this available to patrons. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor. This assistance will not interfere with patrons applying for the help your neighbor program through the District.
- Blue Cross discussion. Eric motioned for No Action at this time. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Colleen reported to the Board that the Idaho State Unemployment Tax has gone down this year.
- Adjudication of Rights to the Water from the Clark Fork Pend Oreille River Basins Water System, Civil No. 00-69576. KPSD does not draw water and Idaho allows wastewater irrigation to be used to extinction. This ruling does not apply to KPSD land applying.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: (ACTION) All were accepted.
- Commercial-Industrial Sewer Service Connection Request, 30410 HWY 200, CKAM Rejuvenation Center
- Commercial-Industrial Sewer Service Connection Request, 31250 Highway 200, Auto & Light Truck Repair
- Commercial-Industrial Sewer Service Connection Request, 282 Piehl Road, Restrooms for Microhome/Park, GVD
- Commercial-Industrial Sewer Service Connection Request, 1050 Fontaine Dr., Ponderay Lodge
- Commercial-Industrial Sewer Service Connection Request, 179 Colville Lane, Phil McNearney
Approved by Tanner in March:
- Memorandum of Agreement for 1105 Schweitzer Plaza, pump and partial lateral repair
- Memorandum of Agreement for 176 Jeffrey Drive, pump seals
- Memorandum of Agreement for 351 McGhee Road, traffic rated protection box & cleanouts
Cliff moved to adjourn the meeting. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 7:03 p.m
Signed: Laura Dallas, District Clerk