BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, and Cliff Sires. Employees present were Colleen Johnson, Tanner Weisgram and Laura Dallas. Public in attendance was Brett Converse and Mark Johnson.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
- 6:15 pm – Brett Converse with JUB
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours prior to meeting
Minutes: Minutes of the December meeting were approved as presented.
Financial Statements: Financials as presented were approved.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance Report was approved as submitted.
- Brett Converse, JUB regarding NPDES Permit, Grant options, Lake Study: Brett and Tanner are continuing to work on the modification of the long-term plan for the plant. There is a new TMDL being conducting in the Boyer Slough that should recognize a load designated to KPSD. Tanner is continuing to work with WAG regarding this new TMDL. The Board would like a letter to be sent to DEQ & EPA regarding the Lake Study results and addressing why they do not recognize the study as being in favor of the outfall. A Letter of Interest to be composed for potential 2024 loan and grant monies. Brett will be speaking with City of Sandpoint again.
- The Cottages Homeowners’ Association update. The Easement for the potential lake outflow is not completed. Tabled for February meeting.
- There were no new Proposed Agency Review Requests. There was discussion around the “Will Serve” letters that the District currently provides to the Cities. The City has accepted the current wording, however, the IDEQ and Panhandle Health would like letters with guaranteed service which the District will not provide until payment of New User Facility Fees. Table further discussion until February meeting.
- Discussion of the Acknowledgement of Assignment of Sewer Capacity and Hookup between James Fenton Co. and MJW Properties LLC was discussed. Eric moved to accept the assignment of capacity and Cliff seconded the motion. All in favor.
- The Board reviewed the District’s Leak Adjustment Policy. Wording in Paragraph 8 refers to seeing Paragraph 14 which no longer exists as part of the Policy. Also, Paragraph 12 refers to Leak Adjustments only being allowed once every 10 years unless approved by Board. Bob moved to correct Paragraph 8 and leave Paragraph 12 as is. Cliff seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Cliff moved to include the District in the Idaho Rural Water Association; Idaho PFAS Cost Recovery Program. Eric seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Resolution 01_2023 – Authorization to Destroy Records. All discharge Monitoring Reports and Daily Flow Reports that have dates older than January 1, 2018 as these reports have met their minimum retention. Eric moved to not read the Resolution in meeting and Bob seconded the motion. Eric moved to approve the resolution and Bob seconded the motion. All in favor.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: (ACTION) None we submitted.
Motion to dismiss the meeting made by Cliff. Eric seconded the motion. All in favor. Meeting adjourned at 6:45 pm.
Signed: Laura Dallas