BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:07 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Larry Ellis, and Cliff Sires. Employees present were Tanner Weisgram, Daranee Humrich, Colleen Johnson, and Laura Dallas. Public in attendance was Mark Johnson, Brett Converse, Tim Piehl and Ben McGann. Sean Hefley attended via the zoom portal.
THE MEETING WAS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH A LIVE ZOOM PORTAL ON THE KPSD WEB PAGE.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
6:15pm Brett Converse, JUB
6:30pm Tim Piehl, Whitetail Park, LLC
6:45pm Sean Hefley, Seven Sisters (via zoom)
7:00pm Ben McGann, Ponderay Cottages
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours.
Minutes: Minutes from the May meeting were approved as submitted.
Financial Statements: Financials were approved.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance Report was approved as submitted.
- NPDES Permit: Brett updated Board. Continuing to collect lake samples. Will be launching the boat again for the collections. Continuing work with the Sewer Main Extension on Whiskey Jack Road.
- Ben McGann, representing Ponderay Cottages addressed the Board regarding the sizing of ERs for the Additional Dwelling Units that may be added to some of the homes in the development. There will be 3 styles of ADUs offered to buyers ranging in size from approximately 500 to 600 square feet. Tanner made a suggestion of 1.5 ERs for both main home and ADU to start. Treat as Commercial-Residential and use water reads. If usage goes above the 1.5 ERs than an additional .5 ER will need to be purchased. Monthly billing rate would be at 1.5 ER as well. Board would like to consider options – this could be a pilot study for future ADUs. Table further discussion until June’s meeting. No Action was taken by the Board.
- Tm Piehl representing Whitetail Park, LLC addressed the Board regarding a leak adjustment for their property located at 351 McGhee Road. The leak was located outside under the foundation. Tim presented all of the proper paperwork and receipts of repair. Eric moved to accept the leak adjustment and Larry seconded the motion. Eric motioned to have the billing be corrected from time that the property first went over the original 2 ERs allotted and offer either a credit or refund. Cliff seconded the motion.
- Brett addressed the Board regarding the Rate Study. A full asset list with depreciation will need to be made available. The study will include both New User Facility Fees and monthly sewer fees. The SCF Group, specializes in rate studies and case law. Rate model to include future annexation into the District. Options can also include potentially different rates contingent with annexing in new developments. Eric moved to request a rate study proposal from the SCF Group to be presented at June’s meeting. Cliff seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Sean Hefley representing Seven Sisters, LLC addressed the Board regarding the assignment of capacities and hook-up after the sale of lot. Sean is proposing to transfer 4 ER capacities that were assigned to Lot 2 at the time of sale back to the un-platted parcels that are still in the name of Seven Sisters. This was the agreement between Seven Sister, LLC and the buyer of Lot 2. Discussion regarding selling capacities back to District and then Seven Sisters, LLC repurchasing. There is also a hook-up that needs to be re-addressed. The Board is requiring a “Request from the current owner”, Copy of the contract” and accounts all being brought current. No Action taken and further discussion was tabled until the June Meeting.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: (ACTION) – ALL APPROVED
- Commercial-Industrial Sanitary Sewer Connection, Bread & Bones, 476864 HWY 95 N
Motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:43pm and enter Executive Session was made by Larry and seconded by Eric.
Jim- yes Eric – yes Larry – yes Cliff – yes
ZOOM PORTAL WAS CLOSED AT THIS TIME
- EXECUTIVE SESSION §72-206 (b)
To consider the evaluation, dismissal or disciplining of, or to hear complaints or charges brought against, a public officer, employee, staff member or individual agent, or public-school student.
Motion to close the Executive Session at 8:09 pm was made by Bob and seconded by Larry.
Jim- yes Eric – yes Larry – yes Cliff – yes
Tanner to communicate with potential operations candidate to give decision by Friday, May 21, 2021.
Motion to adjourn meeting was made by Larry and seconded by Cliff. All in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 8:10 pm.
Meeting Signed: Laura Dallas, Clerk
Executive Session Signed: Colleen Johnson, Office Manager