BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, Larry Ellis and Cliff Sires. Employees present were Tanner Weisgram, Colleen Johnson and Laura Dallas. Public present was Brett Converse from JUB Engineering, Grant Nixon and Joe Pediferri.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
6:15 pm Brett Converse, JUB
6:30 pm Marla & Grant Nixon, Ponderay Carwash
6:45 pm Joe Pedeferri, Request for Adjustment
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours prior to the meeting
- 30640 HWY 200, Ponderay, Craig Sadewic, regarding a Leak Adjustment Request (ACTION)
Minutes: Minutes of the June meeting was approved as presented.
Financial Statements: Financials as presented were approved.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance Report was approved as submitted. Noted that land application should begin on July 7th.
- Brett Converse from JUB Engineering reported that the lake study is complete and has been submitted to IDEQ. Responses from IDEQ have been slow. Discussed the Cottages irrigation system. Reported that 10” pipe would work the best; however, he will have more information after it is known what the final location will be and the length of pipe. The next homeowners meeting will be in August. Jim will work with the homeowners to assist in answering their questions. An easement would need to be granted for KPSD to bore under the surface. KPSD would not disturb surface top drainage.
- The Board discussed the proposed New User Facility Fee increase in rate. Eric moved that the Board approve the proposed rate for publication in the Daily Bee. Cliff seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Colleen advised the Board that the District has received the final check from the IDEQ Grant Monies.
- Colleen disclosed that a public records request has been received by the District for information surrounding the proposed deep water outfall pipe that KPSD has been in discussion with the Cottages Homeowners Association.
- Grant Nixon, owner of Ponderay Carwash asked for a payment plan on purchasing 3 New User Facility Fees. The Board and Mr. Nixon discussed some options. Tabled further discussion until Budget meeting and a chance to review how the payment plan would be drawn up. No Action taken at this meeting.
- Joe Pedeferri, owner of the commercial property located at 30410 Highway 200 is requesting an adjustment to the monthly rate for the new tenant. The new tenant will be using significantly less water than the previous tenant. The property was being billed at 1.97 ER, suggested lowering to 1 ER. Bob moved that the District would allow billing at 1 ER if the tenant provides a copy of the water bill each month through December showing that the water use is at or under the 1 ER. If water bill is not submitted, then billing will revert to the 1.97 ER. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor.
- The GVD property at HWY 95 and Piehl Road is adding multi-unit dwellings north of the Hotel Ruby. They also have plans on adding cabins. GVD properties will need to purchase additional New User Facility Fees (NUFF) to accommodate the additional usage. GVD to get back to KPSD in regard to the number of NUFFs needed.
- Sanctum Ventures and KPSD had a Sewer Main Extension Agreement in place for an extension of the line going north on Hwy 95. The line was never constructed. Eric moved to waive the reading of Resolution #05-2022, Termination of Sewer Main Extension – Sanctum Ventures. Bob seconded the motion. Bob moved to approve Resolution #05-2022, Termination of Sewer Main Extension – Sanctum Ventures. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor. KPSD will be refunding the Administrative Close-out deposit of $2,000.00 to Sanctum Ventures.
- Bob moved to add Craig Sadewic’s request for a leak adjustment at 30640 HWY 200, Ponderay to the agenda. Eric seconded the motion. Paperwork that was completed by Mr. Sadewic for a leak adjustment was reviewed and approved. Bob moved to adjust billing down from 2.63 ERs to 1.5 ERs. Cliff seconded the motion.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: (ACTION) All were accepted.
(Correction): Commercial-Industrial Sewer Service Request, 30340 HWY 200, Magpie Market, LLC was approved at June meeting – should have been posted on July’s agenda as 477285 Hwy 95 North, MBDP Properties, 95 Carwash. Board approved and signed Connection Request for the Carwash.
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Request 10 Crooked Ear Drive, Jeff Kapsner
- Commercial-Industrial Sewer Service Request, 477285 HWY 95 North, MBDP Properties, 95 Carwash
Cliff moved to adjourn the meeting. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 7:15 pm.
Signed: Laura Dallas