BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Board Chairman Eric Paull. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, Cliff Sires and Larry Ellis. Employees present were Colleen Johnson, Tanner Weisgram, and Laura Dallas. Public in attendance were Brett Converse of JUB and Mark Johnson.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
- 6:15 pm – Brett Converse, JUB Engineering
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours prior to meeting
Minutes: Minutes of the February meeting were approved as presented.
Financial Statements: Financials as presented were approved.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance Report was approved as submitted.
- Brett updated the Board on the NPDES permit. Brett reviewed the past timelines with the Board. Back in 2018, after discussion with DEQ it was agreed that KPSD would perform a lake study to determine the impact on the lake. When lake testing for impairment came back as not impaired, KPSD should have been allowed to discharge. DEQ has not approved a load for KPSD. Further meetings will be set up for clarification to allow discharge.
- The Cottages Homeowners’ Association update. The Board would like to have the Easement and purchase agreement prepared for review at April’s Meeting.
- There was a new Proposed Agency Review Request. The property is one building, duplex style, that runs across two separate lots. Zero lot line. The City is not requiring the lots to be consolidated. The District is requiring a separate lateral and tap at the main for each half of the building to allow for the possibility of a future split and sale of the lots.
- The Laundromat located on Kootenai Cut–off in Ponderay are reviewing their NUFFs. Larry moved to table the discussion to April. Cliff Seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Paddler’s Ale House is requesting the refund of 1 NUFF (New User Facility Fee). Cliff moved to agree to the refund and Larry seconded. All in Favor.
- Anderson’s Auto Body had a water Leak. The appropriate Leak Adjustment forms and documentation were turned in to the Board. The water did not go into the District’s system. Eric motioned to approve the Leak Adjustment request and to flag the account for next year’s water reads. Bob Seconded the motion. All in favor.
- The District has had two applicants for the open office position. One has been scheduled for administrative testing. We are waiting for a response from the other applicant to schedule testing.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: (ACTION) All were accepted.
- Single–Family Residential Connection Request, (2 NUFF) 7th Street, Ponderay, Block 10, Lot 1A, Sage Fitchett
- Single–Family Residential Connection Request, (1 NUFF) 7th Street, Ponderay, Block 10, Lot 1B, Sage Fitchett
- Commercial–Industrial Sanitary Connection Request, NUFF paid prior, 146 Emerald Industrial Park, DSS Construction Inc.
Cliff moved to adjourn the meeting. Larry seconded the motion. Meeting adjourned at 6:44 p.m.
Signed: Laura Dallas