BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:02 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, and Larry Ellis. Employees present were Tanner Weisgram, Colleen Johnson, Daranee Mullaley Humrich, and Laura Dallas. Public in attendance was Brett Converse, Sean Barnes, Josh Meyer, Chad Oakland, and Jolena Overland.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
- 6:15 pm Brett Converse, JUB
- 6:30 pm Sean Barnes, Eastmark Capital Group
- 6:45 pm Chad Oakland, Lucky Chubbs, 1050 Fontaine Drive
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours.
- 6:30 pm Jolena Overland, Century 21 Riverstone. To address the Board on behalf of the Seller regarding an Easement that will benefit the buyer’s Mike White Ford and Ponderay Plaza Apartments.
Eric moved to add Jolena to the agenda. Bob seconded. All in favor.
Minutes: Minutes from the February Board Meeting were approved as submitted.
Financial Statements: Financials as presented were approved. The Board was pleased to see the old format of the financials.
Maintenance Report: The maintenance Report was approved as submitted. Some additional Inflow and Infiltration were noted due to snow and rain.
- Brett Converse from JUB addressed the Board. He reported that the District received 3” of rainfall during the first 3 days of March. The District being diligent in locating and repairing I&I over the years kept things under control. The Lake Study has now completed year three. The report was turned in at the end of February. The conclusion revealed that there was no large impact on lake discharge. IDEQ is going to come up with a Boyer Slough advisory group moving forward. The TMDL is still being issued. A schedule change may need to be submitted to IDEQ to allow for the completion of the TMDL. KPSD needs to get some additional information for pushing forward with timelines. The Lake Study was favorable for offshore output, continuing with the lagoons and land applying. The District will plan for future replacing of the lagoons with a mechanical type of plant. The Cottages (Nancy Drive and Crooked Ear) Homeowners Association would like a timeline for when the District will be placing the line to discharge offshore. The District would need time to complete plans and obtain IDEQ approval. The proposed golf course in Ponderay would be a beneficial land application site for the District. At this time the City has not accepted the plans for the golf.
- The District’s surplus property has closed escrow.
- The Board discussed the water usage update that was provided by the proposed 95 Express Carwash. There will need to be a special use permit in place to address all cleansers/soaps being used and how phosphate filtration will be addressed.
- Sean Barnes with the Eastmark Capitol Group addressed the board regarding Phase I of the Ponderay Plaza Apartments located on Schweitzer Plaza and Triangle Drive. Phase I will be 84 units. They would like to purchase capacity only at the time of the building permit application and purchase the hook-up portion upon connection. Capacity would be 63 capacities at $3,150.00 = $198,450.00 / 63 hook-ups at $4,750.00 =$299,250.00. The total paid for both capacity and hook-up will be $497,700.00. Larry motioned to allow the capacities and hook-ups to be paid separately. Bob seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Jolena Overland, Century 21 Riverstone was asked to address the Board after Sean as the Easement that she is here to discuss relates to the Ponderay Plaza Apartments. The easement runs along the property purchased by Mike White Ford (seller Fenton Properties) and also affects the property being purchased by the Eastmark Group (seller also Fenton Properties). The Mike White Ford property is closing escrow at the end of March and the Easement needs to be reviewed/approved prior to the close of escrow. The Board allowed the 20’ easement. Eric moved to approve the Easement and Bob seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Chad Oakland addressed the Board regarding the purchase of New User Facility Fees for the Ponderay Lodge Apartments at 1050 Fontaine Drive. The apartments are being built in two phases. Each phase consists of 2 – 24-unit buildings. He is proposing to purchase the needed capacity for both phase I and phase II. He would also purchase the needed hook-ups for phase l. He is asking the Board to postpone the payment of the hook-ups for Phase ll until full construction of Phase ll begins. This year he will be completing Phase l, but only constructing the foundation for Phase ll. The charges will be:
Phase I: 48 units total at .75 ER per unit = 36 NUFFs (New User Facility Fees
Phase 1 already has 1 Capacity with 1 Hook-up (1 NUFF)
Plus 3 additional Capacities already paid on the property ** this would leave 32 additional Capacities to be paid at 32 X $3,150.00 = $100,800.00 and 35 Hook-ups to be paid at 35 X $4,750.00 = $166,250.00
TOTAL for Phase l would be $267,050.00
Phase II: 48 units total at .75 ER per unit = 36 NUFFs (New User Facility Fees)
Purchasing capacity only would be 36 x $3,150.00 =$113,400.00
TOTAL for Phase II for Capacity only would be $113,400.00 (hook-ups to be paid at later date)
TOTAL to be paid with building permit applications will be $380,450.00 with the remainder of Phase ll hook-ups to be paid at a later date.
Bob moved to allow for the Hook-ups for Phase ll to be paid separately. Capacities for Phase l and ll and Hook-ups for Phase l will be paid at the time of building permits. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Discussion around the proper dissemination of information to District patrons regarding the progress of the NPDES permit. There is some misinformation being circulated among the public. No Action Taken.
- There are some lots currently owned by the City of Ponderay that were annexed into the District that was annexed without capacities. These lots will eventually be consolidated as the City moves forward with the City Park. Letter to be written to the City to make sure they are aware that a couple of the lots do not have capacity. Larry moved to have a letter written, Bob seconded the motion. All in favor.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: (ACTION) All were accepted.
- Single-Family Residence (ADU) Sewer Service Connection Request, 180 Dustarr, Ponderay Cottages
Larry moved to adjourn the meeting. Bob seconded the motion. All in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 7:20 pm
Signed: Laura Dallas, District Clerk