BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, Larry Ellis, and Cliff Sires. Employees present were Tanner Weisgram, Colleen Johnson, Daranee Mullaley-Humrich, and Laura Dallas. The public in attendance was Mark Johnson.
THE MEETING WAS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH A LIVE ZOOM PORTAL ON THE KPSD WEB PAGE.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
- 6:15 pm – Brett Converse, JUB – canceled prior to meeting
- 6:30 pm – Sean Hefley, Seven Sisters LLC
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours.
Minutes: Minutes from the July 12 Board Meeting and the July 20 Budget meeting were approved as submitted.
Minutes from the June 14 Board Meeting had a correction that was noted and then approved.
Financial Statements: Financials as presented were approved.
Maintenance Report: The maintenance Report was approved as submitted. Land application began mid-July.
- NPDES Permit: Brett was not in attendance. Tanner updated the Board on the continuing lake study. No changes from last month. Still talking to Sandpoint about regionalization, and Schweitzer still in talks about land applying. The Cottages homeowner’s association will be meeting next month. The District has been in communication with them regarding an option to run a line out through their boat access to the lake. The association has improvement plans for the area in the future and would like to work with the District on the design. The District would be able to bore under any improvements made by the association. The District should be getting answers from IDEQ by February 2022. The rate study should be complete by February as well.
- The Board discussed the issue of adjusting the New User Facility Fee for additional dwelling units (ADUs). Jim spoke to the City of Kootenai and the City of Ponderay. Each city has different rulings regarding ADUs. It would be difficult for the District charges a different NUFF due to square footage as it still falls under the description of a residential dwelling. Bob moved to continue to charge ADUs as 1 ER (same as a single-family residence). Eric seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Richard and Laura Rain requested a refund of 4 capacities. Larry moved to grant the refund and Bob seconded the motion. All in favor. Seven Sisters paperwork for purchasing the capacities was not received by the District. Paperwork for the refund and purchase of the hook-ups was also not received. Table until September meeting.
- Board reviewed the proposed budgets for 2021-2022. Bob motioned to approve the budgets with no rate changes to be published as presented. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor. Board reviewed the proposed revised budgets for 2020-2021. Some line items were increased. Eric motioned to approve the proposed revised budgets with revisions to be published. Bob seconded. All in favor.
- The Board reviewed the rescinding of previously recorded requirements. Documents were signed.
- Jim Osman and Larry Ellis were sworn into office.
- The Board discussed public relations articles for the KPSD quarterly newsletter. Reminder of upcoming meetings. August 26th at 5:00 pm for the Budget Public Hearing; September 13th 6:00 pm KPSD Board Meeting; October’s meeting is being moved from a Monday to Tuesday, October 12th.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: ALL ACCEPTED
- Commercial-Industrial Sanitary Sewer Request, 1109 Fontaine Drive, Café 95
- Commercial-Industrial Sanitary Sewer Request, 30736 Highway 200, Suite 104, Lake Life Acupuncture
- Order Release and Rescinding Requirement or Agreement for:
- 471 Oak Street
- 363 Birch Street
- 301 2nd Avenue
- 157 Jeffrey Drive
- 111 Boise Street
- 156 4th Street
Cliff motioned to adjourn the meeting; Larry seconded the motion. All in favor. Meeting adjourned at 6:50 pm.
Signed by: Laura Dallas, District Clerk