(Corrected minutes as approved at August Board Meeting)
BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:07 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull and Cliff Sires. Board Member Bob Thurston joined via teleconference. Employees present were Tanner Weisgram, Colleen Johnson, and Laura Dallas. Public in attendance was Mark Johnson, Brett Converse, and Angie Virnoche. Sean Hefley attended via the zoom portal.
THE MEETING WAS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH A LIVE ZOOM PORTAL ON THE KPSD WEB PAGE.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
- 6:15 pm – Brett Converse, JUB
- 6:15 pm – Angie Virnoche, Financial Consulting Solutions
- 6:45 pm – Sean Hefley, Seven Sisters (via zoom)
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours.
Minutes: Minutes from the May meeting were approved as submitted.
Financial Statements: Financials were approved.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance Report was approved as submitted.
- NPDES Permit: Brett updated Board on the continuing lake study. Along with the Facility Plan the Districts needs to have estimates for options to meet IDEQ requirements for the NPDES permit. A rate study will need to be completed with lots of options and levels. JUB has been working with Financial Consulting Solutions (FCS) for several years. Angie with FCS presented a slide presentation to the Board for conducting a complex rate study. Rate Study would go along with the Master Facility Plan. Time frame for the completion of the study would be 3 to 5 months. The bid came in at $34,955. Eric motioned to accept the bid and move forward with FCS. Cliff seconded the motion. All in favor. Contract will be available at the next meeting.
- Sean Hefley, Seven Sisters Development, addressed the Board regarding the moving of capacities from one lot to another. The lot with the capacities was sold. Per Sean, the transferring of capacities while Seven Sisters still owned both lots would have held up the sell. There is an agreement in place between the buyers of the lot and Seven Sisters that the capacities would be sold back (transferred back to Seven Sisters). Board discussed the District would broker the deal as the District’s Rules and Regulations outline that capacities can only be sold back to the District or transferred between properties with the same owners. Eric moved that the District would purchase back the 4 capacities and resell the 4 capacities to Seven Sisters at the original cost at the time that they purchased. Cliff seconded the motion. All in favor.
Regarding recoupment of sewer main extension (SME) expenses for Seven Sisters. Sean is asking the Board to allow Seven Sisters, LLC at their expense to draw up an agreement to allow Seven Sisters to request recoupment on the property to the East on Providence Road should they development and attach to the Seven Sisters SME. The SME agreement signed by Seven Sisters, LLC outlines that to acquire recoupment all costs with receipts had to be turned into the District within 90 days of date of SME completion and that the time for recoupment shall not exceed seven (7) years from the date of final acceptance by the District. Phases II and III were completed in 2015 making the 7-year deadline of August 2022. However, receipts were never turned into the District. Sean would now provide receipts and back-up paperwork to the Board. Board decided that this needed to go to District Legal Counsel for review as this is outside of the District’s Rules and Regulations and Ordinances. Eric motioned to table to July meeting; Cliff seconded the motion. All in favor.
Colleen to work with Sean on paperwork for the assignment of Capacities.
- If changing the New User Facility Fee on Additional Dwelling Units (ADU) it would be adding a new rate to the District’s Rules and Regulations rate schedule. An Open Public Hearing must be held to change a rate. An ADU is no different than a “Tiny House” and is considered a separate dwelling thus requiring a New User Facility Fee. Board will revisit at July meeting.
- Board reviewed the leak adjustment for Whitetail Park, LLC agreed upon at May’s meeting and approved the 18-month adjustment time frame. Office to see what the actual reads are currently for January through May. Eric motioned that a refund will be issued. Currently, it is undetermined the total dollar amount. Cliff seconded the motion. All in favor.
- The Board reviewed and approved the letter to DeCoria, Blair and Teague regarding the yearly audit.
- The office shared with the Board the concerns of the residents on Red Clover Road that adjoins the District’s property. Mainly residents were concerned that the District was starting construction prior to building permit approval. No construction has taken place. They were also concerned about vibration and noise that would accompany a mechanical plant. The District has not made that decision yet, and if that was the case, it would be enclosed so it should not be an issue.
- Motion to suspend the reading of Resolution 2021-02 was made by Eric and seconded by Cliff. All in favor. Motion to accept Resolution 2021-02 Administrative Close-out of Trussell-Egland Sewer Main Extension running along Bonner Mall Way was made by Cliff and seconded by Eric. All in favor.
- Bonner Boundary Utility Coordination Counsel membership application was tabled for future meeting by Eric and Seconded by Cliff. All in Favor.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: ALL ACCEPTED
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Connection Request, 272 Carnelian Avenue, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Connection Request, 246 Carnelian Avenue, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Connection Request, 232 Carnelian Avenue, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Connection Request, 220 Carnelian Avenue, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Connection Request, 260 Carnelian Avenue, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Connection Request, 206 Carnelian Avenue, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Connection Request, 200 Crooked Ear, Ironwood Builders
Motion to Adjourn by Cliff and Seconded by Eric. All in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm
Signed by Laura Dallas, District Clerk