BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, Larry Ellis, and Cliff Sires. Employees present were Tanner Weisgram, Esteban Torres, Eric Hanson, Colleen Johnson, and Laura Dallas. Public in attendance was Mark Johnson to assist with Zoom program and Brett Converse. There were no attendees via the zoom portal.
THE MEETING WAS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH A LIVE ZOOM PORTAL ON THE KPSD WEB PAGE.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
6:15 pm Brett Converse, JUB
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours.
Board to discuss scheduling of Budget Workshops and to decide on a date for the Budget Public Hearing.
Minutes: Minutes from the March meeting were approved as submitted.
Financial Statements: Financials were approved.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance Report was approved as submitted.
- NPDES Permit: Brett updated the Board. Lake Study Test results were submitted to IDEQ last month. The test of the mixing zone in the area that the District is considering for discharge came back positive and was submitted to IDEQ. IDEQ permit writers were stating their hands were tied due to the Near Shore TMDL that does not allow the District a phosphorous load for discharge to the lake. IDEQ permit writers have to write the permit to meet the TMDL. Tanner is in communication with the IDEQ. All communication is being made via hard copy correspondence.
- The refund of deposit for Seven Sisters, LLC Sewer Main Extension close-out was approved and signed.
- Fontaine Apartments plan to build 4 separate buildings. They have now changed to build just 2 buildings now and 2 additional buildings at a later date. Board discussed the consequences of them not purchasing the capacities for all 4 buildings now. They run the risk of not having available capacities when needed and the risk of the cost changing.
- The deconsolidation of lots at 395 7th Street, Ponderay was approved and signed for recording. Removed lots 3, 4, 5, and 6 from the original consolidation of lots 1 through 6. Additional New User Facility Fees were paid for these 4 lots.
- Bob moved to add the addition of scheduling of Budget Workshop and to decide on a date for the Budget Public Hearing to the agenda less than 48 hours prior to meeting. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor. Action taken to hold the Public Hearing Date on 8/26 at 5:00pm and the Luncheon Workshop on 7/20 from 12-2pm.
- Operational projects for consideration in the near future: McGhee Road – the expansion of the property North of the District and East of Field of Dreams. There has been an inquiry for developing a golf course with an adjacent 100 homes. There is a possibility of discharging to the golf course during the summer months. Financial impact will be researched through the rate study. Providence Sewer Main Extension – SME to run to the North end of the property (Bonner County TAX 118). Tanner suggested that the District contribute to the SME to continue the SME to the District’s land application site. No action or motions were made.
- The Bonner Mall Partnership has approached the District to modify their Sewer Main Extension. They are proposing capping the old line that runs under the mall and upgrading the line that runs along Triangle Drive. The District is in agreement with the new SME layout and would require the Bonner Mall to enter into a modified SME agreement. The same requirements would need to be met and approved by the District and a new 1-year time period established before the District would take over the entire SME.
- The Blue Cross of Idaho letter for the designation of representative was reviewed. Eric moved to not do anything at this time. Bob seconded the motion. All in favor.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: (ACTION) – ALL APPROVED
- Commercial-Industrial Sanitary Sewer Service Connection, Fontaine Drive Apartments
- Commercial-Industrial Sanitary Sewer Service Connection, Schweitzer & 95, Breakfast Cantina
- Single-Family Residential Connection, 233 Carnelian Avenue, Idagon Homes, LLC
- Single-Family Residential Connection, 114 Carnelian Drive, Retreat Construction, LLC
- Single-Family Residential Connection, 168 Carnelian Drive, Retreat Construction, LLC
- Single-Family Residential Connection, 174 Carnelian Drive, Retreat Construction, LLC
- Single-Family Residential Connection, 396 7th Street, James Cullison (2019 request never signed)
- Single-Family Residential Connection, Block 10, Lot 3, Ponderay, Fitchett and Cereghino
- Single-Family Residential Connection, Block 10, Lot 4, Ponderay, Fitchett and Cereghino
- Single-Family Residential Connection, Block 10, Lot 5, Ponderay, Fitchett and Cereghino
- Single-Family Residential Connection, Block 10, Lot 6, Ponderay, Fitchett and Cereghino
- Single-Family Residential Connection, 272 Jasper Loop, Idagon Homes
- Single-Family Residential Connection, 280 Jasper Loop, Idagon Homes
- Single-Family Residential Connection, 288 Jasper Loop, Idagon Homes
Motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:17pm and enter Executive Session was made by Bob and seconded by Eric.
Jim- yes Eric – yes Bob – yes Larry – yes Cliff – yes
ZOOM PORTAL WAS CLOSED AT THIS TIME
- EXECUTIVE SESSION §72-206 (b)
To consider the evaluation, dismissal or disciplining of, or to hear complaints or charges brought against, a public officer, employee, staff member or individual agent, or public-school student.
Motion to close the Executive Session at 7:38 pm was made by Bob and seconded by Larry.
Jim- yes Eric – yes Bob – yes Larry – yes Cliff – yes
Decision to extend an offer to an operations candidate as presented to the Board. Bob moved to go forward with the offer as written, Larry seconded the motion. There was one opposed vote. Offer will be extended.
Motion to adjourn meeting was made by Larry and seconded by Cliff. All in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 7:40 pm.
Meeting Signed: Laura Dallas, Clerk
Executive Session Signed: Colleen Johnson, Office Manager