BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, Larry Ellis, and Cliff Sires. Present via Zoom was Brett Converse and Brian Werst. Employees present were Tanner Weisgram, Colleen Johnson, Cody Evans, and Laura Dallas. Public in attendance was Mark Johnson to assist with Zoom program.
DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS THE MEETING WAS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC, HOWEVER, THE MEETING WAS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH A LIVE ZOOM PORTAL ON THE KPSD WEB PAGE.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
6:15 pm Brett Converse, JUB
6:30 pm Brian Werst, District Legal Counsel
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours.
Minutes: Minutes from December’s meeting were approved as submitted.
Financial Statements: Financials were approved as submitted. The bill packet will be available tomorrow for Board Signatures. Salaries were up slightly for December as it had higher number of regular working hours.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance Report was approved as submitted. No new Spring Projects have been planned as of this date.
- NPDES Permit: Brett addressed the Board via Zoom. The lake study has been completed and data sent to DEQ. No fatal flaws were noted. Brett and Tanner had a meeting with DEQ. They will follow-up with a letter requesting that the DEQ compliance schedule line-up with the plant discharge permit compliance schedule. Also delaying seepage test to line up with discharge permit. Bob motioned to have letter composed and sent to DEQ. Cliff seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Brian Werst, District Legal Counsel, addressed the Board regarding the progress being made over the neighboring property that is encroaching upon KPSD boundary. There has been very little progress made. The attorney for the neighbor has provided Brian with some legal research to support a theory of “Boundary by Adverse Possession”. Brian discussed several possibilities that could be presented to the owners. The Board would like a draft of our parameters sent to the neighboring attorney for the property owners’ review. Tabled until February.
- The final plat for KPSD boundaries has been recorded. The consolidation is now complete, and the District may move forward with the building permit for the new shop.
- The District has had no further response from the Canadian patron requesting some relief on his sewer bill due to Covid-19 travel restrictions to his home.
- There was no New Business presented at the meeting.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: (ACTION) – ALL APPROVED
- Commercial-Industrial Connection Request, 477164 Hwy 95, Wenspok Resources, LLC (Wendy’s)
Motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Cliff and seconded by Larry. All in favor.
ZOOM PORTAL WAS CLOSED AT THIS TIME
Adjourned at 6:30 pm
Signed: Laura Dallas, Clerk