BOARD MEETING was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Board Chairman Jim Osman. Other Board members present were Eric Paull, Bob Thurston, Larry Ellis and Cliff Sires. Employees present were Tanner Weisgram, Colleen Johnson, Eric Hanson, Esteban Torres, Cody Evans and Laura Dallas. Also present were Brett Converse with JUB.
INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
6:15 p.m. Brett Converse, JUB
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours.
Minutes: Minutes from July meeting were approved as submitted. Minutes from July Budget Meeting were approved.
Financial Statements: Financials were approved as submitted.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance Report was approved as submitted. It was noted that there are a lot of large locates coming in for the fiber optic being installed. Over a mile of locates were performed last week.
- NPDES Draft Permit completed and submitted to DEQ. DEQ should complete their review by the KPSD Open House being held on August 24th from 4:00pm-6:00pm. During the Open House various options will be available for the public to review. Several options being presented include 100% Land Application which would require additional purchase of land, Mechanical Plant to Slough, Lake Release to deep area in lake, Regionalizing with Sandpoint City. All comments will be completed by end of month. The Kootenai Bay Dye study is going well. No formal report received yet. Jim has continued to stay in contact with the Cottages Homeowners Association regarding the Lake Access possibility. He will be meeting with them again this Saturday.
- 63 Red Clover Drive; Lot line encroachment. KPSD legal Brian Werst is working with homeowners’ legal, Toby McLaughlin. McLaughlin’s case may not apply to government entities. Need to find when fence was built and what the exact setbacks would be for the lagoons, should the lines be changed. Table this discussion to September’s meeting. Get additional information on time of fence installation.
- Software update: Black Mountain plans to start the first financials on October 1st for sending out first billing in November.
- For combining the two KPSD Parcels, quick claim deeds will need to be drawn up changing one of the parcels from Kootenai-Ponderay Sewer and Water to just Kootenai-Ponderay Sewer District. Colleen working with Brian Werst for finalizing.
- Bob made a motion to move the Public Hearing on the 24th from 5:00pm to 6:00pm so as not to overlap with the Open House. Eric seconded the motion. All in favor.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: (ACTION) – ALL APPROVED Contingent on payment of NUFFs
- Commercial – Industrial Connection Application, 477000 Hwy 95, Dalyn Marley, Coffee Shop,
- Commercial-Industrial Connection Request, 110 Larkspur #A, Crystal Creek LLC
- Commercial-Industrial Connection Request, 110 Larkspur #B, Crystal Creek LLC
- Commercial-Industrial Connection Request, 180 Larkspur #A, Crystal Creek LLC
- Commercial-Industrial Connection Request, 180 Larkspur #B, Crystal Creek LLC
- Commercial-Industrial Connection Request, 340 Larkspur, Rental Storage Garages, Crystal Creek LLC
- Commercial-Industrial Connection Request, 388 Larkspur, Rental Storage Garages, Crystal Creek LLC
Motion to adjourn meeting by Cliff and seconded by Larry. All in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 6:35 p.m.
Signed: Laura Dallas, Clerk