INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
6:15 p.m. Brett Converse, JUB
6:30 p.m. Jake Humble, Rick Decker & Ryan Fobes, Lutzke Development
6:45 p.m. Scott Dempsey, Multiple Projects
7:15 p.m. Erik Brubaker, City of Ponderay
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours. – No items
Minutes: Minutes from September were approved as submitted.
Financial Statements: Financials were approved as submitted.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance Report was approved as submitted. The cattle on the land application site were pulled off the land the beginning of October.
IT Report: Mark was not available for the meeting to review the IT report.
- NPDES review: Brett Converse from JUB addressed the Board. The last lake drifter test was completed a couple weeks ago. If no fatal flaws are detected and the Board chooses a new study can continue. There are no plans to do winter lake testing at this time. Brett is gathering information regarding re-assessing KPSD New User Facility Fees (NUFF) with the issuance of the new permit. The last NUFF study was completed in 2005/2006.
- Rules & Regulations changes: Eric moved that the discussion be tabled until the November meeting. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Scott Dempsey addressed the Board on several issues:
- Birch Street: The property has two buildings that do not meet the description of an adjoining wall; they should be considered as two separate structures. The property currently has one capacity and one hook-up purchased. (There are two laterals. One for each building.) Scott Dempsey mentioned that had he known at the time that he purchased the building that it needed additional capacity he would have purchased it then. Dempsey is to complete an updated usage form for the front building (closest to HWY 200). This front building was commercial but is currently Residential-Commercial. There are two water meters and two billing accounts. Larry moved for the Board to allow Scott to purchase the needed additional capacity and hook-up at the 2004 latecomers rate. Eric seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Dreamers Property: Dempsey needs to complete a Request to Transfer Capacities then bring the application to the Board.
- Peak Property: Regarding transfer of capacities. Paperwork for the transfer was completed and returned to the District previously; however, it was returned to Mr. Dempsey as it lacked the property description. Dempsey will need to resubmit the completed transfer paperwork.
- A bid for the design of a District Website was presented to the Board. Jim would like to get additional bids for the project. Eric moved that additional bids be obtained before further discussion. Cliff seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Tanner had contacted several companies asking for a Request for Proposal for the construction of the 6-bay maintenance building. He only had one company submit a proposal which did come in slightly under budget. They would be able to start the construction in January and pour cement flooring later in the spring. Larry moved that we accept the bid. Eric seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Jake Humble, Rick Decker and Ryan Fobes addressed the Board regarding the parcel of land off Hwy 200 and on Lutzke Drive. To develop this property with the current zoning they thought they would be looking at approximately 147 connections and wanted to make sure that the District would be able to handle the capacity. They thought it would be a 3-year build-out with the commercial sites (on Hwy 200) selling first. The Board let them know that the District does not have a moratorium on connections at this time, nor does the District expect any. However, with the new DEQ requirements this could change. They presented the Board with preliminary un-official maps of how they might develop the property. Commercial buildings along Hwy 200, single-family homes throughout the development and possibly multi-family dwellings farthest back closest to railroad. Brett from JUB along with Tanner discussed options for a Sewer Main Extension that would need to connect at the line along Hwy 200. It would need to be a pressurized loop. KPSD would need to spec out the residential pumps that would be required. Although they would be building in phases, SME should go in all at once otherwise multiple SMEs would need to be submitted. Multiple SMEs would not be cost efficient and could increase risk. There is currently one private pump serving three of the four existing homes on Lutzke Drive. As developers they may need to coordinate with current homeowners regarding the existing private pump. No Action was taken.
- Scott Dempsey addressed the Board regarding the RV Park that is being planned for the property at 363 Bonner Mall Way behind the hotel that is also at 363 Bonner Mall Way. The owners of the hotel purchased the property which currently has cabin rentals on it. Some lateral pump work has already been started. Property owners will need to get with the District with other repairs that have been required and have not been completed prior to moving forward with RV park.
- Erik Brubaker, City of Ponderay Planner, addressed the Board regarding a lot that the City purchased. It was three lots with one capacity. The previous owner sold lots 7 & 8 with the historic schoolhouse on it to the City without a capacity. The previous owner kept lot 9 with the capacity. The City is asking the Board for a variance on the lots so that it does not have to purchase a new capacity. The property will be restored as a vacant dry building. Larry moved that the Board agree to exempt the lot from having to purchase a capacity. A letter to be sent to the City to acknowledge that there is no capacity on the lots and if the City should sell the lots a New User Facility Fee will need to be purchased for the lots at time of sell at the then current rate. Cliff seconded the motion. All in favor.
- The Board discussed increasing the per diem paid out to employees for meals while traveling or attending functions for the District. Larry moved to increase the per diem to the Federal standard rate. Eric seconded the motion. All in favor.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: The following were accepted:
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Request, 113 Rebecca’s Way, Donald Bartolucci
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Request, 180 Kuskanook Road, Mort Construction
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Request, Ponderay Bl 20, Lot 9, Northwest Solutions Inv.
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Request, Ponderay Bl 20, Lot 10, Northwest Solutions Inv.
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Request, Ponderay Bl 20, Lot 11, Northwest Solutions Inv.
- Single-Family Residence Sewer Service Request, Ponderay Bl 20, Lot 12, Northwest Solutions Inv.
- Commercial-Industrial Usage Update, 32607 Hwy 200, Northwest Self Storage, Edwin Kawasaki
Larry moved to adjourn meeting. Cliff seconded. All in favor.
Adjourned at 7:50 p.m.
Signed: Laura Dallas, Clerk