INDIVIDUALS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD:
6:15 p.m. Brett Converse, JUB
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: Less than 48 hours.
Minutes: Minutes from May were approved as submitted.
Financial Statements: Financials were approved as submitted.
Maintenance Report: Maintenance report was approved as submitted. Board noted that Jon Brown would be leaving the District the end of June. Board asked for clarification of billing for KPSD equipment. Equipment with a KPSD operator has been billed out on occasion to other contractors in need. Clarification of a Sewer Evaluation Form (SEF) – a SEF is completed and tracked on the server for each property that has a lateral video completed. This allows for “in the field” review and updates.
IT Report: IT report was approved as submitted. All tasks were completed.
- NPDES review: Brett updated the Board on the progress of the near shore test results. The first buoy test for monitoring the near shore lake currents was completed and wind records were reported for the testing days. Thus far the study results have been very positive. The phosphorus levels have been very low, below allowance given. We will be looking closely at the first two results gathered in June and will continue through all summer months. By the end of September or October we should have conclusive results to give to the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ). At that time KPSD would be requesting a new assessment of future TMDL (total maximum daily load) work within the Pend Oreille Lake.
- Colleen updated the Board on the status of Lawson Tate’s account and property at 310 Sixth Street in Ponderay. Tate has paid his additional hook-up fee and back billing in accordance with the minutes of May 2019. Mr. Tate is working with the District regarding separating the current shared laterals on his property. A building permit was received (retroactive) for the “carriage house”. This is the newest addition to the property and will have living quarters above the shop. Fees were paid for this addition as well.
- Dm-t Service Agreement was reviewed. Bob moved to accept the new contract. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor.
- The Resolution 05-2019 for the Disposition / Use of Incoming LID payment was reviewed. Bob moved to suspend the reading of the resolution during meeting. Eric seconded the motion. All in favor. Eric moved to accept the Resolution and Bob seconded. All in favor.
- Resolution 06-2019 for Destroying of Surplus Office Equipment was reviewed. Bob moved to suspend the reading of the resolution during meeting. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor. Eric moved to approve the resolution and Larry seconded. All in favor.
- Resolution 07-2019 Rescinding of Resolution 04-2019 the Destroying of Records (Monitoring Reports and Daily Flow Reports). After review of the new NPDES permit; it was determined that these records needed to be held longer. Records were not destroyed. Bob moved to suspend the reading of the resolution during meeting. Larry seconded the motion. All in favor. Eric moved to approve the resolution and Larry seconded. All in favor.
- The swearing in of Board Members for the next 6 years. Eric Paull and Cliff Sires, both incumbents, ran uncontested and will serve for an additional 6 years.
- 2018 – 2019 Budget Revisions: discussion of the new shop location allowing for plant growth should there be a need to change to a mechanical plant in the future. No action took place.
- 2019 – 2020 Budget: increased training, with some taking place out of state; possible replacement for 1992 Dodge Truck; get pricing on new computer system that will meet both operations and business needs; Public Relations; Sewer Main Extensions that will need to be closed out; main-line along Railroad through Kootenai; manhole replacements. No action took place. Brief discussion items only.
APPLICATIONS and UPDATES: The following were accepted:
- Single Family Residence Connection Request, Aultstarr Lane, Trevor & Deborah Kirk
- Single Family Residence Connection Request, 660 Starr Lane, Tyson Glahe
- Single Family Residence Connection Request, 310 6th Street, Block 10, Lot 13-17, Lawson Tate
- Single Family Residence Connection Request, 791 Ponder Point Drive, William & Elisabeth Miller
- Single Family Residence Connection Request, 122 Nancy Road, Kenneth Fisher
- Commercial-Industrial Connection Request, 31016 HWY 200, Ponderay Motel, LLC
Cliff moved to adjourn meeting. Larry seconded. All in favor.
Adjourned at 7:12 p.m.
Signed: Laura Dallas, Clerk